Services for London Business School students, staff and faculty.
There’s more to our Library at LBS than just borrowing books.
We encourage our students, staff and faculty to make use of the wide range of print, electronic and information resources during their time at the School, as well as inviting non-members to use our services by becoming partners.
For more details on our electronic resources and using our services if you are a student or faculty member from elsewhere, please see the Library resources page.
Please note the information on the resources page and the services listed below are for the London Business School academic community only.
Partners of students are welcome to visit the Library for reference purposes only; they may not use electronic resources or services.
Training and research help
If you need assistance accessing our extensive collections, you can get help from the Library’s information specialists who:
- provide training on our resource databases, including group training sessions, which you can reserve a place on
- offer research advice, if you don't know where to look for the data you need
- help with any copyright questions you may have.
As a student at LBS you can borrow up to 15 books at a time and all items (except for those from our Course Collection) can be renewed as long as no-one else has requested them.
Faculty and staff members may borrow up to 25 books at one time.
- Explore our Portal pages to find full details of how long you can borrow a book for, the Library’s borrowing rules and our overdue charges.
- The Course Collection contains any required texts currently being recommending for courses by faculty. This is also where you can search for additional recommended one week loan books in the general book stock.
Document Supply / Purchase requests
You can request an item if we don’t have it in our collection. We’ll either order it through the British Library, or we may decide to purchase it.
- You can make requests through our Library Catalogue.
- The document supply service (also known as Inter-Library Loan) is free, unless you want a same day or 24-hour service.
- To contact us, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Open Access (OA)
The Library manages the School’s institutional repository (LBS Research Online) and provides guidance for our faculty and research students on OA matters. For more information see our Guide to Open Access and REF or email email@example.com