Inclusion and diversity have always been a cornerstone of London Business School’s values. We pride ourselves on being an institution that welcomes people from all backgrounds, countries, cultures, identities and orientations.
The 150,000 individuals from 130 countries who have studied and worked at LBS over the years are members of a diverse global community that continues to flourish.
The Inclusion and Diversity Advisory Board (IDAB) inputs to initiatives, policies, plans and activities that drive forward the School’s Inclusion and Diversity agenda. The IDAB reports to Management Board, which is accountable for our diversity strategy.
Students, staff and faculty are all represented on the IDAB, which is led by Professor Kamalini Ramdas
1. Increase the number of applications from female candidates, with the aim of boosting the proportion of female faculty and students on all programmes.
2. Promote an ethos where are all welcome. Encourage applications from students, staff and faculty with the LGBTQ+ community.
3. Develop a more ethnically diverse workforce and student body and encourage further participation from ethnic minorities throughout the School community.
4. Build an understanding of disability within the School and identify areas for development.
5. Build understanding of generational differences and identify areas for development in order to attract and retain an age-diverse workforce.
You can read the objectives in full by downloading them here.
Some of the ways we promote inclusion and diversity:
Eastern Europe/CIS Club
Emerging Markets Club
Germany, Switzerland & Austria Club
Latin America (LatAm) Club
Middle East Club
North American Club
Out in Business (LGBT club)