London Business School Accounting Symposium
The Symposium brings together leading accounting scholars in an informal setting to discuss high-quality academic papers.
12th London Business School Accounting Symposium, 20-21 June 2013
Papers will be presented on Thursday (morning and afternoon) and on Friday morning. Lunch on both days will be provided at London Business School and there will be a Symposium Dinner on Thursday evening.
Eight papers will be presented across the two days. Two of the papers have been invited and we are delighted to confirm that the speakers are Jacob Thomas (Yale) and Wayne Guay (Wharton).
The papers to be presented are as follows. Presenting authors are marked with an asterisk.
- "Adapt or Perish: Evidence of CEO Adaptability to Strategic Industry Shocks" - Wayne Guay*, Daniel J. Taylor & Jason J. Xiao (Pennsylvania) (PDF document, 276kb)
- "Default Prediction Around the World: The Effect of Constraints on Pessimistic Trading" - Mark Maffett* (Chicago), Edward Owens (Rochester) & Anand Srinivasan (NUS) (PDF document, 183kb)
- "The Effects of Credit Competition on Banks' Loan Loss Provision Timeliness" - Yiwei Dou*, Stephen G. Ryan (NYU) & Youli Zou (Toronto) (PDF document, 323kb)
- "Aggregate Earnings News and Stock Market Returns: The Good, the Bad and the State Dependent" - James R. Frederickson, John D. Lyon & Leon Zolotoy* (Melbourne) (PDF document, 906kb)
- "Private Litigation Risk and the Information Environment: Evidence from Cross-Listed Firms" - James P. Naughton, Tjomme O. Rusticus*, Clare Wang & Ira Yeung (Northwestern) (PDF document, 298kb)
- "Non-Executive Employee Ownership and Corporate Risk-Taking" - Francesco Bova (Toronto), Kalin Kolev, Jake Thomas* and Frank Zhang (Yale) (PDF document, 271kb)
- "The Higher Moments of Future Return on Equity" - Woo-Jin Chang, Steven J. Monahan & Amine Ouazad (INSEAD) (PDF document, 420kb)
- "The Expected Rate of Credit Losses on Banks' Loan Portfolios" - Trevor Harris, Urooj Khan* & Doron Nissim (Columbia) (PDF document, 827kb)
For more information about the Accounting Symposium,
Our recommended hotel is the Danubius Hotel Regent's Park. A special London Business School rate is available at this and some other local hotels for Symposium participants (subject to availability). You are advised to book early to ensure your reservation.