Your career goals – our expert support
Get the support you need to make your ambitions a reality from our dedicated Career Centre team. Our team of career experts work with potential employers to identify the best possible opportunities for you.
Benefit from career evaluation, professional skills development and unparalleled networking opportunities with the world’s top recruiters.
Expert, tailored support
Your aspirations are our focus and together we create a powerful springboard for your career. If your ambitions lie in financial services, for example, you benefit from presentations from prominent retail and investment banks throughout the year. If you have set your sights on consulting, we help you target your application. If industry is your focus, we provide access to global organisations ranging from Procter & Gamble to Sony.
Career Skills Programme
To empower you to make the right career move, we offer a comprehensive programme to make your job search focused and effective. We use our job search expertise to provide:
- support to define your career goals
- guidance in your job search, applications and interview
- help to construct a winning CV and cover letter
- access to recruiters from consulting, finance and industry
- training in problem solving
- mock interview practice tailored to the industry you want to enter
- a networking masterclass for LBS and beyond
- advice on visas and immigration.
Personal Development Programme
Develop critical skills and create a personal development plan to guide you to the role that best fits your skills, values and aspirations. Tailored workshops improve your self-awareness and the core soft skills recruiters are looking for, including personal impact, creative thinking, time management, networking and presentations.
Widen your horizons and explore how business is managed in a range of different industries and locations. Organised in collaboration with Student Clubs and Career Centre, Career Treks give you a unique opportunity to learn about the sectors that interest you most. Deep dive into Swiss Industry with visits to Nestle, Schindler, Amcor, BOBST and Kuehne & Nagel. Or explore the role of retail and luxury goods in Paris, meeting management teams at IFM, Carrefour, L’Oreal and LVMH.
Gain exposure to leading finance, consulting and blue-chip companies at recruitment, training and development events, both on campus and at company sites throughout the year. Companies that have collaborated with Career Centre include: Amazon, Amex, Boston Consulting Group, J P Morgan, McKinsey, Procter & Gamble, Google and IBM.
View the Career impact page.
- Develop deep knowledge and skills in the key areas of business.
- Gain the self-awareness and perspective to make smart choices about your future.
- Take directly transferable business skills into the workplace.
- Our world-respected brand on your CV.
- Access our exclusive global networking opportunities.