Experts in the field
Access some of the world’s leading thinkers whose cutting-edge research in global business is grounded in real-world practicality.
David Faro, Academic Director and Associate Professor of Marketing
- Nationality: Italian, Turkish
- Academic focus: David’s research examines consumer and managerial decision-making. He is particularly focused on understanding and improving consumer decisions in medical and financial settings.
- Experience: David’s research has been published in top journals in marketing, psychology, and management. He serves on the editorial board of the Journal of Consumer Research. Before joining academia, Dr Faro worked in the marketing departments of household appliance firms in Turkey and Greece.
- Key clients: Telenor, Tata, ExxonMobil, Idomoo, Digitai
Niro Sivanathan, Academic Director and Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour
- Nationality: Canadian
- Academic focus: Niro’s research broadly centres around decision-making and power and status. He is an award winning teacher of negotiations, decision making and influence.
- Experience: His research is regularly presented at leading international conferences, and he serves on editorial boards and publishes in top international journals in the field of management, psychology, and general science such as, Administrative Science Quarterly, Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Journal of Applied Psychology, and Psychological Science. His research has also garnered international press coverage in CNN, Financial Times, Time Magazine, Wall Street Journal, Washington Post, Sunday Times and Forbes. He has won numerous awards, including Poets and Quants, “top 40 under 40” – the top 40 business school professors globally, under the age of 40.
- Key clients: IBM, McDonald’s, Nestlé, Roche, KPMG, Mars, Deutsche Bank, A.T. Kearney, & Prudential
Victor DeMiguel, Professor of Management Science and Operations; Chair, Management Science and Operations Faculty
- Nationality: Spanish
- Academic focus: Victor’s research focuses on quantitative approaches for decision making with applications to investment management and competitive strategy. He is a multi-award winning teacher of decision making and financial modelling.
- Experience: His papers have been published in most of the top journals of his field, including Management Science, Operations Research, and Mathematics of Operations Research. One of his most popular papers received the Best Paper Award from the Institute for Quantitative Investment Research and was published in The Review of Financial Studies.
- Key clients: Victor regularly consults and presents his research for investment management firms across Europe.
Andrew Likierman, Professor of Management Practice in Accounting
- Nationality: British
- Academic focus: Andrew’s research interests are in the field of the measurement of performance and on the use of judgement in management.
- Experience: Andrew is the former Dean of LBS. His career has spanned work in the public and private sectors, as well as in professional life. Andrew has run a textile plant in Germany, been Head of the Government Accountancy Service and was a Managing Director of the UK Treasury. Previous non-executive posts include Chairman of the National Audit Office, of the Economists’ Bookshop Group and of the market research firm MORI. He has also been a non-executive Director of the Bank of England, Barclays Bank Plc, and is a Past President of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants. He is currently a non-executive director of the quoted insurance underwriter Beazley plc and an Independent National Director of Times Newspapers. He was named by The Evening Standard as one of the 1000 most influential people in London in 2015.