Experts in the field
Access some of the world’s leading thinkers whose cutting-edge research in global business is grounded in real-world practicality.
John Mullins, Associate Professor of Management Practice in Marketing and Entrepreneurship
- Nationality: American
- Academic focus: As Academic Director for Financing the Entrepreneurial Business programme, John brings his latest research and teaching experience of 20 years to the classroom. His research interests are in opportunity assessment, business model innovation, venture capital and entrepreneurship in emerging markets.
- Experience: John has delivered executive education on five continents, winning awards from the Marketing Science Institute, the American Marketing Association and the Richard D. Irwin Foundation. Widely published, he is the author of The New Business Road Test: What Entrepreneurs and Executives Should Do Before Writing a Business Plan. He has extensive experience in high-growth retailing firms, including two ventures he founded and one he took public.
- Key clients: John has worked and consulted for high-growth retailing firms. He has also served on the boards of fast-growth companies in Europe, North America and Asia.
Martyn Williams, Adjunct Associate Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- Nationality: British
- Academic focus: Martyn specialises in entrepreneurship, managing growth, venture capital and private equity, barriers to small firm growth, new technology-based firms and public/private partnerships.
- Experience: Martyn helped negotiate the consortium bid for the Millennium Dome and Greenwich Peninsula and was an Investment Manager at 3i. He has worked on more than 40 successful fundraising transactions as principal, venture capitalist, banker or advisor.
- Key clients: Chairman of Options Away and Trustee for UNLtd, a charity supporting social entrepreneurs; Founding Director and Chairman of ski and cruise online travel agent Iglu.com, the largest in the UK; Founding Non-Executive Director of Sussex Place Ventures, a specialist private investor fund; and the Story Museum.