Experts in the field
Access some of the world’s leading thinkers whose cutting-edge research in global business is grounded in real-world practicality.
Florin Vasvari, Programme Director, London Business School Term Professor of Accounting
- Nationality: Canadian/ Romanian
- What does Florin bring to the programme? Current developments and best practices in M&A, private equity perspectives on M&A, valuation and structuring of M&A transactions and negotiations of M&A terms.
- Experience: Florin has a PhD in Management with a specialisation in accounting and finance. He sits on the editorial board of two top academic journals and has published extensively in top tier U.S. based business academic journals. He has been pursuing research on private equity topics and debt markets and is regularly invited to present his research at major business schools around the world. He has long combined his academic expertise with the practice; advising several large investment funds and serving on few advisory boards.
- Key clients: Florin has been advising companies across sectors including manufacturing, construction, hospitality and financial services.
Marcus Alexander, Adjunct Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship
- Nationality: British
- What does Marcus bring to the programme? Acquisitions and Corporate Strategy, Developing an Acquisitions Strategy, Post-Acquisition Integration.
- Experience: Marcus is a non-executive director of companies in three countries, and on the advisory board of a private equity firm. Prior to joining London Business School, he worked in investment banking, strategy consulting, and advertising. He has published many articles in leading practitioner journals, including: Business Strategy Review; Harvard Business Review and California Management Review. He has also co-authored a number of books and contributed to leading news outlets including the BBC, CNN, CNBC, The Times, and the Financial Times.
- Key clients: Marcus consults to a number of multinational companies such as Shell, Proeza, Alfa Group and has worked with more than 50 Group CEOs over three decades. He also brings experience from joint ventures in the region such as Abu Dhabi and as a Board member of a fairly acquisitive Saudi Arabian Group.