14 May 2018
LBS achieves top four position for second consecutive year
London Business School’s Executive Education offering - which combines custom designed and open enrolment programmes - has been ranked fourth in the world, by the Financial Times in its latest Executive Education Ranking.
This is the second year in a row that LBS has received a top four position from the FT for its Executive Education programmes. It is the fifth consecutive year that the School has been awarded top ten status.
Around 90 business schools from across the globe appear in the ranking. The FT assesses each school according to more than 30 different metrics, based primarily on data collected by the FT from each school’s custom and open enrolment clients.
Highlights from the FT’s 2018 global Executive Education ranking for LBS include:
- Number one business school for the level of interaction between clients and the School for its Custom programmes (‘Preparation’ category);
- Number one business school for the international reach of its customised executive programmes;
- Ranked as the third business school globally for the design and flexibility of its customised executive programmes;
- Rated among the top five business schools globally in four further categories for Custom programmes relating to strength of faculty teaching, quality of teaching methods and materials, extent to which academic and business expectations are met, and relevance of new skills and learning to the workplace.
“We are delighted to achieve this top four position once again, incorporating results for both Custom and Open enrolment programmes. This ranking confirms LBS as a top performer within an elite group of world-class business schools. But we won’t stop here, we are continuing to invest in innovative and tailored programmes, including much greater use of digital learning technologies, to enable individuals and organisations to drive sustainable change,” said Professor Julian Birkinshaw, Deputy Dean of Executive Education.
LBS welcomes more than 10,000 people to their Executive Education programmes each year and more than 1,000 organisations currently use their open enrolment solutions to help drive their talent strategy.
LBS also scores consistently strongly for its full time post-graduate programmes. For example, in January 2018, the School came in the top three (out of 101 business schools) in the FT’s Global MBA ranking while in December 2017, LBS gained the number one slot in the FT’s European Business School ranking.
About LBS’s Executive Education programmes:
- 62% of LBS’s customised programmes are delivered in more than one country;
- LBS has delivered Executive Education programmes in 35 countries;
- Over 100 faculty members, from more than 31 countries, take part in the Executive Education programmes
- LBS has almost 18,000 Executive Education alumni around the world, of which around 4,000 are from Europe and a further 8,000 from the UK.