01 Feb 2016
Freek Vermeulen named on Thinkers50 Radar list
A London Business School expert has been named as one of the next top global management thinkers by the Thinkers50 Radar list.
Freek Vermeulen, Associate Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship, London Business School, has been named in the 2016 Thinkers50 Radar list as one of the next 30 global management thinkers most likely to shape the future of how organisations are managed and led.
Dr Vermeulen says: “When speaking to managers – through keynote speeches, books or articles – I always make sure to explicitly communicate findings from thorough academic research – the kind we do at London Business School. It is great to see that a high-profile, managerial organisation such as the Thinkers50 picks up on this, and recognises the value of our research.”
The Thinkers50 Radar list, announced by Thinkers50, recognises the talent of up-and-coming management gurus. Those that make the Radar list are one step closer to being named in the next Thinkers50 ranking, which will be published in 2017.
Six London Business School faculty were named on the 2015 Thinkers50 list including:
• Herminia Ibarra, Visiting Professor of Organisational Behaviour (#8)
• Gary Hamel, Visiting Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship (#30)
• Lynda Gratton, Professor of Management Practice (#31)
• Tammy Erickson, Adjunct Professor of Organisational Behaviour (#35)
• Nirmalya Kumar, Visiting Professor of Marketing (#40)
• Julian Birkinshaw, Professor of Strategy and Entrepreneurship (#42)
The Thinkers50 global ranking considers the most influential living management thinkers today and is published every two years as a guide to which thinkers and ideas matter now.