LBS Accounting Symposium 2018
17th London Business School Accounting Symposium - June 21-22, 2018
The 17th London Business School Accounting Symposium will take place during 21-22 June 2018. The Symposium aims to bring together leading accounting scholars in an informal setting to discuss a small number of high-quality research papers.
'Papers will be presented on Thursday (morning and afternoon) and Friday (morning only). Lunch will be provided on both days and the Symposium Dinner will be held at the School on Thursday evening.
Attendance at the Symposium is by invitation only.
Eight papers will be presented. Papers are now available to download below.
1. “Punish One, Teach A Hundred: The Sobering Effect of Punishment on the Unpunished,” Francesco D’Acunto (Maryland), Michael Weber (Chicago) and Jin Xie* (CUHK)
Discussant: Henry Friedman (UCLA)
2. “The Long-Term Consequences of Short-Term Incentives,” Alex Edmans (LBS), Vivian Fang* (Minnesota) and Allen Huang (HKUST)
Discussant: Shiva Rajgopal (Columbia)
3. “Early Evidence on the Role of Disclosure in Initial Coin Offerings,” Thomas Bourveau (HKUST), Emmanuel De George* (LBS), Atif Ellahie (Utah) and Daniele Macciocchi (Utah)
Discussant: Gavin Cassar (INSEAD)
4. “Repatriation Taxes and Internal Agency Conflicts,” Harald Amberger* (Vienna), Kevin Markle (Iowa) and David Samuel (Vienna)
Discussant: Lisa De Simone(Stanford)
5. “Information Overload and Disclosure Smoothing,” Kimball Chapman (WUSTL), Nayana Reiter* (Toronto), Hal White (Penn State) and Christopher Williams (Michigan)
Discussant: Mark Bradshaw (BC)
6. “An Investigation of Unusual or Infrequent Accrual Line Items Identifiable on the Statement of Cash Flows,” Patricia Dechow (USC), Chad Larson* (Houston) and Robert Resutek (Georgia)
Discussant: John Hand (UNC)
7. “ETFs and Information Transfer Across Firms,” Sanjeev Bhojraj* (Cornell), Partha Mohanram (Toronto) and Suning Zhang (Iowa State)
Discussant: Scott Richardson (LBS)
8. “The Relative Salience of Accounting Information in the Governance of Family Firms,” Daniele Macciocchi* (Utah) and Dhananjay Nada (Miami)
Discussant: Douglas Skinner (Chicago)