The application process has two stages:
Stage 1: A business must apply to join the Incubator by 17th May 2019
To be considered at this stage, the business must:
- Have a business plan setting out what the business intends to achieve over the next 12 months
- Be (co)led by a founder who is an LBS Degree Programme student who is in his/her graduating year (for entry post graduation) as well as recent graduates (with preference being given to those who have graduated within the last 3 years). All successful applicants must commit to working in the business on a full time basis
- Demonstrate that they will benefit from the Programme and also be able to provide benefit to London Business School by doing so
- Demonstrate that the business has the funds, or a reasonable prospect of securing the funds needed to execute on the plan
- Not occupy space anywhere else
- Must demonstrate a need to be in the UK and to be based in London
- Show that the founder has a background/strong evidence of interest in the sector of the business
The application will be considered by a Committee comprising The Incubator Chair, the Executive Director of the Institute of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, one of the School’s Entrepreneur Mentors in Residence and an alumni entrepreneur (a founder of a business that has previously occupied incubation space).
The Committee reviews the applications and decides which businesses are shortlisted to return to pitch in mid-September for a place in the final cohort.
Stage 2: Mid-September, the Committee welcomes back the shortlisted applicants to hear them pitch, after which the Committee decides on who will be admitted to the programme for the period ending 31 July the following year.
Admission is competitive although a successful applicant must:
- Have graduated
- Have made demonstrable progress towards execution of the plan during the two months from their original application
- Provide a funding timeline to prove sustainability beyond the Incubator time frame
- Appear in front of the Committee to demonstrate their continued commitment to the business
Selection of the successful businesses will be communicated within one week of the final pitch date.
The next application closing date is 17th May 2019.