If you would like to give your opinions and impressions by taking part in consumer behaviour and social psychology research, we want to hear from you.
No prior knowledge is required and everyone over the age of 18 is welcome to participate.
What will I be doing?
Most studies at the lab are computer-based. For example, you could be asked to look at some information on a computer screen (such as an advertisement or a scenario) and give your opinion on a rating scale.
In other research studies, you may be asked to interact with another participant in a group discussion or other group activity. We will always let you know the nature of the study before inviting you to take part.
Each study session conducted in the lab pays cash in hand and lasts approximately 45-60 minutes. For online studies you will be paid in Amazon.co.uk vouchers.
How to participate
Create an account on our database
- Enter your email address and choose a user name.
- Check your email and activate your account.
- Log in to the participation website and complete the pre-screen.
- You will then be able to see all available studies, receive email invitations to studies, book participation and take part directly in available online studies.
Participant code of conduct
To sign up to a study you must:
- be 18 or older
- arrive 5-10 minutes before your scheduled time
- not participate in the same study more than once
- always take the tasks seriously; your contribution is essential to the success of our research
- follow all instructions carefully
- make sure you understand instructions and ask the experimenter for clarification if needed
- not disturb other participants (no mobile phones, loud conversations, eating, etc.)
- not create more than one account on our research participation website.
Frequently asked questions