How to Apply
Applications for the August 2016 intake are now open.
Next application deadline: 25 September 2015
Next start date: August 2016
What we need from you
- A completed online application form (which can be saved and completed over time) with:
- Your application essays – questions for the class of MBA 2018 are:
- What are your post-MBA plans and how will your past experience and the London Business School programme contribute? (500 words)
- What specific areas of London Business School life are you most excited about getting involved in and where will you add value? (300 words)
- Is there any other information you believe the Admissions Committee should know about you and your application to London Business School? (this question is optional) (300 words)
- A one-page CV/resume, giving reasons for significant gaps in employment history on a separate sheet.
- Names and details of two referees; download further information on references for applicants and referees (PDF document, 29.90kb)
- Your official test taker copy of your Graduate Management Admissions Test GMAT score (Register to take the GMAT, or Try the GMAT test). Our GMAT code number for the Full-time MBA is Z11-J7-50. You must ensure that your GMAT score is valid upon submitting your application.
You also need to send us:
What you need to apply
- an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification
- a minimum of two years’ work experience (students without prior work experience can be considered for admission to the MBA Programme depending on their ability to demonstrate exceptional academic credentials with outstanding performance, but should consider our Masters in Management programme.)
- the ability to work in multicultural teams and an international outlook
- a valid visa (if you are not from of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland). Applying for a UK visa to study at London Business School is a straightforward process. For more information please visit visa requirements.
MBA2018 application timetable (for the class entering August 2016)
Application deadline: 25 September 2015
Interview decision sent on 21 October 2015
Admission decision sent on 02 December 2015
Application deadline: 05 January 2016
Interview decision sent on 03 February 2016
Admission decision sent on 23 March 2016
Application deadline: 25 February 2016
Interview decision sent on 30 March 2016
Admission decision sent on 11 May 2016
Application deadline: 21 April 2016
Interview decision sent on 18 May 2016
Admission decision sent on 22 June 2016
All application deadlines are 17:00 UK time. All Admissions Committee decisions are communicated via email and will be sent on the deadline day at approximately 10pm UK time.
What to expect after you have submitted your application
Your application will be considered by the Admissions Committee in keeping with the deadlines relevant to the stage you applied at.
If you are successful your Regional Admissions Manager will begin the process of finding an alumni in your region to interview you.
The interview feedback will be used by the Admissions Committee to reach a decision which may be:
Reject – Your application will come to an end for this year but the option to apply in the subsequent admission cycle is available
Waitlist – London Business will not be making an offer at this stage, but we remain open to gathering more information concerning your candidacy given the strengths of your application
Offer – The exceptional merits of your application and interview mean London Business School would like to offer you a place to join the MBA programme
Please note that all offers are made via email and given the varying time zones this email may reach you outside of working hours.
You need to ask two people to be your referees. They should be:
your current employer (if you don't want to ask your employer to be a referee, a colleague is acceptable)
someone else who knows you well in a work context, for example a former employer or long-standing client.
You should only select someone who taught you at university if you have remained in close contact.
After you input your referees' details into the online application form we will send them an email with log-in details for our online reference system.
London Business School reserves the right to contact your referees for further information in connection with your application.