Recruiting global talent for UK positions
Following the proposed immigration reforms that took place in April 2012, it is still easy to recruit international talent from London Business School:
1. 'Cap free' hiring - When you recruit from London Business School using a Tier 2 visa, you are recruiting from within the UK and therefore the government cap DOES NOT apply
2. The UK Border Agency have committed to removing the requirement for the Resident Market Labour Test (RMLT) for recruiting graduates from UK educational institutions, reducing cost, as of April 2012
3. This more streamlined, certain and unrestricted sponsorship process is only open to graduates of UK Universities and Business Schools - recruitment from non-UK Business Schools and Universities into UK employment will potentially be more restricted and uncertain than before, due to the cap and the move from allocations of certificates to a monthly allocation process across all applicants.
Learn more about the proposed changes that took place in April 2012
We ran an event on: "The Immigration Landscape for Recruiters" by Charlotte Taylor, Deputy Director, UK Border Agency
Watch a video of the keynote speech and summary from Fiona Sandford.
Your questions answered
Videos from our expert panel addressing key questions are available below:
The above information is correct on the law as it stands. If there are changes made by the government over the next 12 months, we will reflect them here.
Get in touch for advice on how to recruit global talent from London Business School
Tel: +44 (0)20 7000 7400
Find out if you have a Tier 2 Sponsor License
Search the UK Border Agency sponsorship list for a quick and easy way to find out if your organisation has Tier 2 sponsorship.
You have a Tier 2 Sponsor License - what are the next steps?
If the applicant meets UK Border Agency requirements:
1. You can assign an unrestricted Certificate of Sponsorship
2. The applicant then submits a leave to remain application to the UK Border Agency
3. On approval, the applicant can commence full-time work
4. Each Certificate of Sponsorship you issue currently costs £175.
If you need to apply for a Tier 2 Sponsor License
Follow this quick and simple guide to apply for a Tier 2 Sponsor License.
No fees to recruit from London Business School
Whatever your recruitment need, Career Services will connect you with the right student or alumnus with the appropriate professional experience. Access our job boards and cv databases from the comfort of your own desk.