Services for London Business School students
We encourage our students to make full use of our extensive Library and its resources during their time at the School.
The following services are for London Business School students only*. If you're a student from elsewhere, see our visitor information.
- You can borrow up to 15 books at a time.
- Books from our main collection are issued for one or two weeks. You can renew books subject to our borrowing rules
- Items from our short loan collection can be borrowed overnight or (on a Friday) over the weekend.
- If you're on a part-time programme at the School, you can borrow a Course Collection book for up to two weeks.
- Course Collection books can't be renewed.
Course Collection / One week loans
The Course Collection contains any required texts currently being recommending for courses by faculty. You will also find one week loans in the general book stock; these items are additional/recommended books from facultyBR>
We offer a wide range of electronic resources to our students. Many of them can be accessed from anywhere in the world, using Portal, the School's extranet.
Find out more about our electronic resources
Training and research help
The Library has a team of information specialists who are happy to:
- provide training on the databases we offer
- offer research advice, if you don't know where to start looking for the data you need
- deliver group-training sessions that you can book yourself on
To contact the team, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to other libraries
As a student at London Business School, you can access other libraries as well as our own.
- The Business and Intellectual Property Centre at the British Library provides access to a range of books, journals, market research reports and electronics resources.
- You'll need a Reader Pass to use the library. Before you visit, see the admissions policy
- The LSE Library can also be used by London Business School students. See the LSE library's admissions policy
- The Union List of Serials can be used to cross-search the journals collections of all the institutions within the University of London.
- SUNCAT details the serials holdings of 60 libraries across the UK, including London Business School.
- For your entitlement to reference access to most of the University of London's member libraries, see the University of London Libraries Access Agreement
If we don't have what you want…
We can usually get hold of articles and books that we don't have (either in printed format or electronic format), using our inter-library loan service.
The standard service is free to students, but if you need an urgent (same-day or 24-hour) service then we have to pass on the charges.
For information on the inter-library loan service, email email@example.com
Make an inter-library loan request via our catalogue
*Services provided for current students are non-transferrable. Partners of students are welcome to visit the Library for reference purposes only; they may not use electronic resources or services.
Try our new App, for quick and easy access to the London Business School Library's catalogue when you're on the move.
Taunton Centre is open 24/7 for our students, alumni and staff
The Library help desk is open:
Hours may vary during Christmas and summer vacations and on Bank Holidays.
Library Christmas Vacation hours:
Monday 16th December to Monday 23rd December the Library help desk will operate from 11:00-17:00 hrs
Tuesday 24th December - Wednesday 1st January inclusive the Taunton Centre will be closed.
Thursday 2nd January 2014 - Sunday 5th January the library helpdesk will operate 11:00-17:00 hrs
Term -time hours resume Monday 6th January 2014.
For more information about services for London Business School students
Need to report a database or password error?
Get in touch
To discuss our service, or to make general enquires
To request database assistance or training