London Business School offers an impressive range of technology services, as well as world class IT support
IT services at London Business School are delivered by the Information Systems Division (ISD).
Our mission is to provide world-class information and technology services and support to faculty, students, staff and alumni 24x7 - on campus or anywhere in the world.
We also have a leadership role in London's higher and further education community, and strive to be an example of best business practice.
Technology at London Business School
- a robust and secure wired and wireless network with global access and strict security measures, including firewalls, anti-spam and wireless protection
- a secure guest wireless network and internet access
- well-equipped lecture theatres with comprehensive audio visual technology
- digital video facilities, including editing, DVD creation and hosting and streaming of podcasts and video
- web-based conferencing and collaboration tools
- over 350 student desktop computers in labs and seminar rooms
- high-capacity email, accessible globally
- lifelong email address forwarding service for alumni.
Portal is our secure network web gateway, designed to enable everyone associated with the School to keep in touch, exchange ideas, share information and access course materials.
Portal resources include:
- online course rooms with course material and class lists
- a fully searchable School Directory of people
- clubs, discussions and classified
- electronic library databases and information services
- the School Events calendar
- access to the streaming media library
- online booking of seminar rooms and accommodation.
The ISD Customer Services team is the first point of contact for all IT support requests. They can be contacted by email or via the online self-help tool My HelpDesk.
My HelpDesk is accessed through Portal and can be used to:
- report faults
- log requests and service quality observations
- raise enhancement suggestions
- search the FAQs and knowledge base to find out more about IT services (including help on using Portal and Portal troubleshooting).
Working in ISD
London Business School has a team of over 50 dedicated IT staff, including:
- project managers
- web and database developers
- infrastructure maintenance
- service support engineers
- audio-visual technicians
- electronic library and information experts.
ISD staff enjoy excellent benefits and the chance to work in a fast-paced, challenging and friendly environment, while continually developing their skills and expertise. Search for an IT job now
Praise for ISD staff
"On behalf of the organising committee for the Trans-Atlantic Doctoral Conference, I would like to thank you for your invaluable support, professionalism and hard work leading up to and during the conference. It was a highly successful event and we couldn't have done it without you!"
Sarah Green, PhD Programme Office
"I wanted to drop you a quick note to say thank you to your teams for such an excellent job re our move to Linhope Street. The whole project, from start to finish, has been managed with fantastic professionalism and great care. The building looks fabulous. Computers and phone systems are up and running. Just a couple of tweaks re shelves etc. and we are done. The whole team is just so pleased. Can you please pass on my thanks to all involved, especially to the team who worked over the weekend?"