We're happy to say that applying for a UK visa to study at London Business School is a straight forward process. Post-graduation, companies are also able to secure work visas for graduates of London Business School whom they wish to hire.
Unless you are a national of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you require a visa to study in the UK. There is no cap on the number of student visas available each year.
When you begin your application for London Business School, we encourage you to read the UKBA visa entry guidelines. As long as you meet the criteria for the visa and apply with the correct supporting documents in good time, your application process will go smoothly.
Tier 4 General Student Visa
Once you are accepted at London Business School, we are your visa sponsor and will provide you with a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to support your visa application. In addition to this, you must be able to prove that you have sufficient funding to cover tuition fees and living expenses.
Conditions of the Tier 4 General Student Visa:
- You are allowed to work up to 20 hours a week during term time and full-time during vacations.
- You are allowed to bring your dependents to the UK - this is classified as your husband, wife, unmarried partner or children under 18 years old.
- Your dependents are permitted to work or study while in the UK.
Student Visitor Visa
The process for obtaining a Student Visitor Visa depends on your country of nationality. The UK Border Agency splits the process between non-visa nationals and visa nationals. A list of visa nationals is available on the UKBA website.
- Non-visa nationals - if your country is not on the list, you do not need to apply for a Student Visitor Visa before you travel. You can instead travel to the UK and present your papers upon arrival (including your London Business School offer letter and recent formal evidence that you can support yourself financially while in the UK). The visa will be stamped into your passport.
- Visa nationals - If your country is on the list, you need to apply for a Student Visitor Visa before you travel to the UK. Your application needs to include a formal letter from London Business School confirming your place on the programme, as well as the programme dates and tuition fees. You will also require formal financial documents to show that you can support yourself financially while in the UK.
Conditions of the Student Visitor Visa:
- It is valid for six months. Therefore, you will need to re-apply for the visa during the programme.
- You are not permitted to work while in the UK.
- If you have a Business Visitor Visa, you must also obtain a Student Visitor Visa when you are in the UK to study. It is possible to hold both visas concurrently.
- Your dependents will need to apply to come to the UK in their own right as general visitors. They will not be able to work or study.
Post-study work opportunities
The UK government's immigration policies are supportive of graduates of UK business schools and universities. London Business School has been working with the government to help them understand the value of our students. Together, we are committed to helping the 'brightest and the best' who have much to contribute to the UK economy.
The benefit of studying at London Business School with a student visa includes:
- As a recent UK graduate on a Tier 4 visa, you qualify for an exemption from the Resident Labour Market Test. Employers are easily able to sponsor our alumni under the Tier 2 visa and offer them post-study job opportunities.
- London Business School endorses up to 20 Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visas each year. This visa is aimed at students who complete their degree in the UK and wish to stay to develop a business plan or entrepreneurial idea. Our Career Services team provide full support through the Business Incubator programme making this a great opportunity for budding entrepreneurs from outside the UK.
Our Career Services team work closely with students and recruiters to ensure you have the best opportunities for your post-study work. For more information please visit career impact and recruiting global talent for UK positions.