Who is the Masters in Finance designed for?
The Masters in Finance is designed for experienced finance professionals, especially those working in:
- investment, commercial and retail banking
- investment management, hedge funds, security analysis and broking
- the finance function of industrial, commercial and service organisations
- capital markets, trading and risk management
- corporate finance, venture capital and corporate restructuring
- corporate planning and consultancy, where a detailed knowledge of finance is required
- accountancy firms, regulatory bodies, legal firms, property consultants, commodity businesses and investor relations specialists requiring an in-depth understanding of finance
- finance within the public sector and not-for-profit organisations, such as central banks, local/national governments and international organisations.
Applicants should have at least two years, full time, relevant work experience (typically, students have six - seven years relevant experience). Candidates with less than three years experience are only accepted if they can make a very good case why it is the right time for them to join the programme.
Is this the right programme for you?
The Masters in Finance is for individuals wishing to advance their career in finance, or change their area within finance, as well as those who have exposure to finance in a current or previous role who now wish to deepen their financial knowledge.
If you have at least two years of experience in finance, and you would like feedback on whether the Masters in Finance is the right programme for you, please submit your CV for review using one of these forms:
As the weekend format is taught on campus, you must be working within commuting distance of London to undertake the programme. The programme is not offered via distance learning.
When you have submitted your CV, the Masters in Finance Admissions Team will review it and tell you if are eligible to apply for a place. Please allow one week for our reply.
Tell us about yourself
If you are not sure that this is the right programme for you - please get in touch. Strong candidates will be contacted to discuss their career goals and their fit for this programme.
Diverse range of backgrounds; common desire to succeed
Participants come from a rich diversity of industries, responsibilities, backgrounds and nationalities, bringing a wealth of experience to the programme. They are all united by a high level of intellectual ability, the capacity for hard work and the motivation to take on a demanding and challenging commitment.
30 nationalities are represented on the current full-time class and the part-time class also embraces a wide mix of nationalities reflecting the international diversity of the financial community working in London. The interactive nature of the programme ensures that you are exposed to the global professional experiences of your fellow participants.
To gain further insights into the backgrounds of our Masters in Finance participants including nationalities, previous degrees, occupations and industries, you can download:
Events for prospective students
Discover more about London Business School's Masters in Finance programme.
Masters in Finance video
Fast-Track Your Career in Finance
Hear about students' experiences on the Masters in Finance programme