Beyond compliance: create value for your organisation, investors and stakeholders
In an environment of increasing scrutiny and regulation, corporate governance is central to business success. The Corporate Governance programme provides the key insights to enhance your contribution as a board member and improve company performance.
Why choose the Corporate Governance programme?
This five-day programme goes beyond regulatory compliance and best practice. By focusing on the managerial aspects of corporate governance, it empowers you to make a real impact upon your organisation. Focused on meeting challenges with practical solutions, you discover how to build a highly effective relationship between the board and top executives, and deliver value for the organisation, investors and stakeholders.
On this programme you:
- Explore the major trends and latest developments in the challenges faced by boards
- Examine some of the most controversial issues facing boards today
- Learn from exceptional faculty at the forefront of corporate governance research and best practice
- Gain the perspective of high profile speakers working in prominent corporate positions.
London Business School's Centre for Corporate Governance provides independent, cross-disciplinary research and recommendations designed to drive the corporate governance debate.
This intensive programme comprises a full schedule of teaching, case studies, interactive discussion and personal development.
The programme focuses on the following key themes:
- Internal control risk management
- Board dynamics and decision making
- Evaluating and enhancing the performance of boards
- The role of boards in top executive pay
- Recruitment and selection of directors.
How will this programme benefit you?
- Develop the skills and insights to function as a successful board member or top executive who works with the board
- Engage in stimulating debates and learn from others who face similar challenges
- Enhance your understanding of the legal, economic, managerial and behavioural issues affecting corporate governance today
- Develop the tools to address the key challenges of risk management, internal control, board balance and directors pay
- Receive insights into the latest research and recommendations from London Business School's expert faculty
- Examine controversial issues such as shareholder activism, family ownership and board effectiveness
- Develop practical solutions to tackle the regulatory challenges facing your organisation.
Who is this programme for?
The Corporate Governance programme is designed for:
- Executive and non-executive members of company boards and audit committees
- Individuals who work closely with a company board or aspire who to be a board member.
Secure your place
For more information or to reserve a place on the programme, please contact:
Sharon Sagoo, Programme Associate
Tel: +44 (0)20 7000 7378
The fee for programmes starting in 2013 is £6,500.
The fee for programmes starting in 2014 is £7,000.
Fees include tuition, educational materials, coffee breaks and most meals.
Please note fees may be subject to change.
Duration: 5 days
Next start: 03 June 2013
Speak to Programme Associate, Sharon Sagoo
Tel: +44(0)20 7000 7378
Fax: +44(0)20 7000 7371