Advanced Corporate Finance programme
Learn how to apply complex corporate finance tools and intricate valuation techniques in a global context on this advanced and accelerated programme.
Develop a strategic understanding of key financial decisions faced by organisations and challenge existing frameworks and techniques.
Examine a series of real business case studies drawn from various industries and countries - including many emerging markets - which feature an array of financial decisions. The learning experience is based on classroom discussion, group work, case studies and lectures where you will learn to apply advanced valuation techniques to complex financial situations.
As an advanced programme, it is assumed that participants are familiar (through previous study or at least eight years of professional experience) with valuation methods (including the use of the CAPM for determining the cost of capital), capital structure concepts and option pricing theory.
Who is this programme for?
- Those who have at least eight years of relevant industry experience and are already familiar with valuation, capital structure concepts and option pricing theory and who want to learn more advanced skills
- Those with formal corporate finance training who are seeking to apply their knowledge to current business situations
- Senior finance professionals and analysts working at financial institutions or investment banks
- Managers, executives, consultants and lawyers with considerable experience in dealing with the finance, planning or treasury area of an organisation.
It is the next logical step if you have completed the three previous Corporate Finance programmes - Accounting and Financial Analysis; Valuation; and Funding, Risk and Restructuring.
Key topics include:
- how to value companies, using multiples and discounted cash flow analysis
- cost of capital estimation in emerging markets
- optimal capital structure and the link to strategy
- corporate liquidity issues
- raising equity and debt capital in global markets
- payout policy including dividends and share repurchases
- the use of project finance
- the use of decision trees, simulations, and real options
On completion, you will be able to use advanced valuation tools adapted to specific industries and transactions to:
- adjust cost of capital and expected cash flows to value cross-border investments
- adapt a company's capital structure to specific circumstances and corporate strategies
- assess a business' investment and financial policies
Available in the daytime format only (over five consecutive days)
04 - 08 November 2013