Energy efficiency, technology and innovation
London Business School’s Global Energy Summit, 30th November 2012
In a world where hydrocarbons are becoming scarcer there is an increasing urgency to address climate issues and determine how can we solve the global energy equation in the future. Ensuring that electricity keeps flowing, financing innovative energy projects in the current market, and navigating the politics of energy exploration and climate change are just some of the key questions that need to be met by today’s energy professionals.
The 9th Annual London Business School Global Energy Summit will host distinguished speakers and panellists at the Willis Building 51 Lime Street, London on 30 November, 2012 for a fullday event look at the role of Energy Efficiency, Technology, and Innovation in meeting the Global Energy Challenge.
Key note speakers include
• Mr. António Luis Guerra Nunes Mexia, CEO, EDP
• Dr. Ivan Marten, Global Leader of the Energy Practice, The Boston Consulting Group
• Mr. Philip Lowe, Director General of Energy DG, European Commission
• Mr. Phil Ellis, CEO, Willis Global Solutions (Consulting Group) London
The two panels will focus on
• Aligning the public and private sectors towards a sustainable energy future - a lot has been said about sustainable energy future and a lot will continue to be said. The focus in on aligning the public and private sectors remains a work-in-progress internationally across jurisdictions. What are the barriers, challenges, and opportunities in setting this agenda, from both sides of the discussion?
• US Shale Gas Revolution and its implications – What is the relevance of that revolution within the European gas markets, and its implications for the long-term solutions mix to our energy and sustainability goals?
“Global Energy Summit will be one the biggest and best student-organised LBS conferences and we look forward to the excellent dialogue between speakers, sponsors, and delegates,” said Laurentino Fernandez, from London Business School’s Energy Club.
The Global Energy Summit (now in its ninth year) has established itself as a leading conference within the Energy sector. The event attracts many industry professionals, advisors, recruiters, media and policy makers, as well as enthusiastic business school students and academic thought-leaders. This year’s projected attendees is 350+, one of the biggest in the history of LBS-run conferences.
The aim of the conference is to give participants in-depth insight as well as a wide scope of the issues that drive business success in the modern energy sector. By doing so, the conference strives to provide a world-class networking opportunity between the current leaders and the future leaders of global energy. Participants will appreciate the ideas and momentum in leveraging theses contacts and insight in creating their own personal and professional success in the future of energy.
For the latest details of the speakers and programme, please visit http://www.lbsglobalenergysummit.com/
Have your say on Facebook at:
Follow us on Twitter at: