World-class research and teaching across the financial spectrum
What we do
The Finance Subject Area at London Business School carries out world-class research and teaching covering all aspects of finance.
Members of the Finance Subject Area also run the following Research Centres:
- the Centre for Corporate Governance
- the Coller Institute for Private Equity
- the London Share Price Database
Faculty research covers all aspects of finance, including:
- asset pricing
- corporate finance
- hedge funds
- corporate governance
- mergers and acquisitions
- capital markets
- international finance.
Support for the Finance Subject Area
We emphasise the practical applications our research and maintain close links with a network of companies, charitable foundations and public bodies that support our work. These include:
- The Atlantic Philanthropies
- Barclays Global Investors
- James Lyle Foundation
- Fidelity Investment Management.
Faculty in the Finance Subject Area teach core and elective courses for the School's postgraduate programmes, as well as on the Executive Education programmes.
Contact the Finance Subject Area
Tel: +44 (0)20 7000 8202
Fax: +44 (0)20 7000 8201
Recruitment, Finance Subject Area
Before applying for a position as Assistant Professor or Full Professor at the School, please read the following information:
- Advertisement: Research Fellow, Coller Institute for Private Equity (PDF document, 88kb)
- Advertisement: Faculty Roles (PDF document, 22kb)