Centre for Corporate Governance
Our vision is to lead international thinking in corporate governance
We are looking to move governance practices beyond regulatory compliance and towards the creation of value for companies, investors and other stakeholders.
What we do:
- Provide independent, cross-disciplinary research and recommendations designed to influence and drive the corporate governance debate.
- Engage the academic and professional communities to facilitate interaction, provide a platform to stimulate debate and define solutions.
- Serve the needs of business, investors and policy makers.
- Focus on issues surrounding the rise of alternative investors in private equity and hedge funds, and their value-creation strategies.
- Objectively examine contentious issues, including:
- shareholder activism
- family ownership and control of public corporations
- measuring CEO and board effectiveness
- the way in which information management and systems can help new demands on boards
- valuing corporate social responsibility
- Disseminate research and recommendations internationally through publications, seminars and conferences.
Visit centres for the study of corporate governance at institutions worldwide
Tel: +44 (0)20 7000 8216
Centre For Corporate Governance
London Business School
London NW1 4SA