Aditya Birla India Centre
The Aditya Birla India Centre is the focal point for India related research and activities at London Business School. Its vision is to be the leading centre outside India that enables a mutually beneficial exchange between Indian businesses and the global business community.
The Centre aspires to achieve it's objectives through an ambitious programme of activities including:
- Distinguished Speaker Series at London Business School - Features lectures by prominent Indian business leaders and policy makers.
- Seminars, Conferences and Special Events - Showcase, support and provide a platform to stimulate debate and highlight issues surrounding Indian business.
- Case Study Development Initiative - Enabling students and academics to develop case studies on India and other emerging markets.
- Academic Seminar Series at London Business School - The presentation of the latest research by academics on Indian business.
- Research and Publications - Features cutting edge research on Indian business and emerging markets by academics.
Aditya V. Birla (1943 - 1995)
Aditya V. Birla was a visionary industrialist who pioneered the globalisation of Indian business 22 years before economic liberalistaion was formally introduced in 1991. Under his leadership, the Aditya Birla Group set up 19 companies outside of India, in Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines and Egypt. A V Birla believed that a business could be global and successful while still being based in India.
The Aditya Birla India Centre at London Business School was founded by Aditya V Birla's son Kumar Mangalam Birla (MBA'92) who now leads the Aditya Birla Group of companies, including Grasim, Hindalco and Aditya Birla Nuvo. The Group is a world leader in viscose staple fibre and is the world's largest aluminium rolling company, and is today one of Asia's most successful diversified business groups.
The Centre is directed by Naufel J. Vilcassim, Professor of Marketing.