Diploma (Mannheim) PhD (Groningen)
Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour
- Subject area:
- Organisational Behaviour
Issues of dysfunctional employee behavior, including workplace deviance, revenge, interpersonal conflict, and self-defeating behaviors.
- Pitesa, M. & Thau, S. (in press). Masters of the universe: How power and accountability influence self-serving financial investment decisions under moral hazard. Journal of Applied Psychology.
- Marr, J.C. & Thau, S. (in press). Falling from great (and not so great) heights: Status loss and performance in groups. Academy of Management Journal.
- Pitesa, M. & Thau, S. (in press). Compliant sinners, obstinate saints? How power and self-focus determine the effectiveness of unethical social influences.Academy of Management Journal.
- Thau, S., Tröster, C., Aquino, K., Pillutla, M., & De Cremer, D. (in press). Satisfying individual desires or moral standards? Preferential treatment and group members’ self-worth, affect, and behavior. Journal of Business Ethics.
- Marr, J.C., Thau, S., Aquino, K., & Barclay, L. (2012). Do I want to know? How the motivation to acquire relationship threatening information in groups contributes to paranoid thought, suspicion behavior, and social rejection. Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 117, 285-297.
Norm violations, self-defeating behaviours, reciprocity, trust.
Editorial Board Member, Journal of Management; Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes.
Lecturer in Social Psychology, University of Mannheim.
tel: +44 (0)20 7000 8907
fax: +44 (0)20 7000 7001