How to Apply
Next application deadline: 05 January 2015
Next start date: 17 August 2015
What we need from you
- What are your post-MBA plans and how will your past experience and the London Business School programme contribute? (500 words)
- How will you add value to the London Business School community? (300 words)
- Is there any other information you believe the Admissions Committee should know about you and your application to London Business School? (300 words)
- A completed online application form (which can be saved and completed over time) with:
- Your application essays – questions for the class of MBA 2017 are:
- A one-page CV/resume, giving reasons for significant gaps in employment history on a separate sheet.
- Names and details of two referees; download further information on references for applicants and referees (PDF document, 29.90kb)
- Your official test taker copy of your Graduate Management Admissions Test GMAT score (Register to take the GMAT, or Try the GMAT test). Our GMAT code number for the Full-time MBA is Z11-J7-50. Your GMAT should be still valid on your date of enrolment (GMAT is valid for five years).
You also need to send us:
What you need to apply
- an undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification
- a minimum of two years’ work experience (you will need superior academic credentials or evidence of outstanding performance if you have less than two years' experience)
- the ability to work in multicultural teams and an international outlook
- a valid visa (if you are not from of the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland). Applying for a UK visa to study at London Business School is a straightforward process. For more information please visit visa requirements.
All decisions are sent out via email on the relevant stage decision deadline. Please note that decisions are occasionally sent out in the evening, GMT.
Latest application timetable
Application Deadline: 03 October 2014
Interview Decision: sent on 31 October 2014
Admission decision sent on 11 December 2014
Application Deadline: 05 January 2015
Interview Decision sent on 05 February 2015
Admission decision sent on 26 March 2015
Application Deadline: 27 February 2015
Interview Decision sent on 02 April 2015
Admission decision sent on 14 May 2015
Application Deadline: 17 April 2015
Interview Decision sent on 21 May 2015
Admission decision sent on 25 June 2015
All deadlines are 17:00 GMT.
What to expect after you have submitted your application
Your application will be considered by the Admissions Committee in keeping with the deadlines relevant to the stage you applied at.
If you are successful your Regional Admissions Manager will begin the process of finding an alumni in your region to interview you.
The interview feedback will be used by the Admissions Committee to reach a decision which may be:
Reject – Your application will come to an end for this year but the option to apply in the subsequent admission cycle is available
Waitlist – London Business will not be making an offer at this stage, but we remain open to gathering more information concerning your candidacy given the strengths of your application
Offer – The exceptional merits of your application and interview mean London Business School would like to offer you a place to join the MBA programme
Please note that all offers are made via email and given the varying time zones this email may reach you outside of working hours.
You need to ask two people to be your referees. They should be:
your current employer (if you don't want to ask your employer to be a referee, a colleague is acceptable)
someone else who knows you well in a work context, for example a former employer or long-standing client.
You should only select someone who taught you at university if you have remained in close contact.
After you input your referees' details into the online application form we will send them an email with log-in details for our online reference system.
London Business School reserves the right to contact your referees for further information in connection with your application.